Tuesday 9 April 2013

Red church

There are three big churches in the centre of Ústí nad Labem. Local people call them "red church", "declined church" and "blue church". Maybe it's because most Czechs are atheists/agnostics and the official names of the saints don't suggest them much.
I needed to go to the library today and I took Aussie with me. We brought home a laaaaarge book, complete Goethe's Faust, it didn't even fit into my school bag and I'm totally exhausted after carrying it home :D Anyway, we passed one of these three churches, the red one. It's actual name is "Kostel apoštola Pavla"- Church of Apostle Paul. It's the newest of local churches, from 1904. I guess it's clear why it's called 'the red church' :)



1 comment:

  1. I love old churches - Aussie looks excited to be out and about :-) Thanks for looking after him for me!!

    ReplyDelete